100 days – Day 74
100 days -Day 74
Burger King gay Whopper: Because we’re all cheap processed meat on the inside?
(Headline in the Independent)
Burger King is now selling a ‘Proud Whopper’ in San Francisco as part of LGBT Pride Month, a burger in rainbow wrapping bearing the oddly juxtaposing tagline ‘We’re all the same on the inside’.
Here’s some of the reaction:
- “You can take that pride BS and shove it BK, me and my family are going somewhere else!” Dennis Chacon Neira wrote on the company’s Facebook page Tuesday. “and i will convince my friends NOT to eat at your restaurants, hope you go belly up!”
- “I LOVE a Whopper, but I’ll never eat there again,” another Facebook user wrote.
- “I’m done supporting Burger king,” added a third.
- Yep We got rid of McDonalds for their Pink slime, and Now we are Getting rid of you Because you are Slime WOW
And the tweets are just as negative:
- “Burger King sells gay pride Whopper.” http://flip.it/ZIZZR lunatics? Time to boycott!
- So now @BurgerKing has created a Gay Whopper! No more BK for me! I’ll “Have it my way” somewhere else!
- Burger King joins the immoral to help destroy the US & changes wraper to ‘Whopper Pride” I will never go to BK again
- making lists of places where I can get a normal straight burger. #BoycottBurgerKing
The burgers aren’t gay but don’t tell the homophobes that!!!!
It’s only sold in one branch in San Francisco, but, by the reaction of the above (and other homophobes) one would think that BK is out to conquer the world with its “gay agenda”
I for one won’t be eating there for a while. Not because of any of the above, but because Burger King’s fare is appallingly bad!
A couple of months ago, I had a Burger King “Breakfast in Bread” abortion of a thing; it lay in the pit of my stomach all day.
“A bun filled with egg, sausage, bacon, cheese and tomato. It’s a portable English breakfast. You can take it wherever you like. On the road. Into work. Even back to bed”
However, a recent survey in America damned some of the major fast-food chains – McDonald’s, KFC, and Taco Bell
According to the survey, released on Wednesday, more than 30,000 Consumer Reports subscribers say these restaurants’ signature items are the worst in their categories: McDonald’s has the worst burger; KFC has the worst chicken; and Taco Bell has the worst burrito.
Time for lunch……perhaps not 😦
About meenisterAn ordained Church of Scotland Minister since 1974. Started off in Doune which is near Stirling, before moving to Trinidad for four years; on my return to Scotland, I was a rural minister in Perthshire and then was asked to become Minister at St.Michael's Inveresk where I spent eleven happy years. A short ministry in Guernsey followed and since 1999, I was a full time healthcare Chaplain in the town of Dumfries in SW Scotland, retiring from that post in December 2012. I started this blog on 6 May 2012, soon after my wife, Helen, was diagnosed with secondary cancer - it was a sort of diversion and still is, following her death on 16 June. I hope it shows that there is a lighter side to religion, that it's not gloom and doom and that we can sometimes laugh at ourselves in a self-effacing way. Some posts are, however, I hope provoking and food for thought.
|meenister on 100 days – Day 55: Secon…|
|lizlovingandlearning on 100 days – Day 55: Secon…|
|olivierlehe on 100 days – Day 38: new c…|
|meenister on 100 days – Day 47: …|
|meenister on 100 days – Day 46|
- 7,032 hits
- 7,032 hits